This itinerary features the lively urban centres of Victoria and Vancouver, remote wilderness destinations, the unrivalled beauty of Vancouver Island’s scenery and fascinating Aboriginal culture experiences.
In Victoria, embark on an exciting whale-watching journey. Travel to remote Tofino to discover the remote and untamed rainforests and coastal beauty seldom seen by people, home to grizzly bears and eagles; and paddle to Meares Island in a traditional dugout canoe.
A captivating stay on Quadra Island provides a perfect base for nature viewing excursions in search of whales and other marine life, black bears and grizzly bears.
- Superior & deluxe accommodation for 9 nights
- Admission to Butchart Gardens, Royal British Columbia Museum
- Whale watching excursion in Sidney
- Guided Meares Island tour in a traditional First Nations dugout canoe
- 6 or 8-hour wildlife viewing excursion on Quadra Island
- 5-hour sightseeing tour of Vancouver
- 5-hour ‘Talking Trees’ walk in Stanley Park
- BC Ferries: Campbell River – Quadra Island – Campbell River; Nanaimo to Vancouver
- 9-day rental for intermediate size -AVIS Class C (only included in price with rental car)